Journey Through Scripture in Green Bay
Posted by Matthew Leonard on 10.29.09 |
Journey Through Scripture diocesan training is sure keeping us busy. Two weeks after finishing up Toledo we headed way up north to the Diocese of Green Bay for Bible and the Sacraments presenter training.
It’s always a fun bunch in Green Bay and they were really energized by our study of the sacraments. In fact, the group was almost as excited about Journey Through Scripture as they were about the Packers/Vikings football game the next day. Just kiddin’…these people love the faith and are serious about scripture.
- “[I loved] the binders with all I need to present plus the way in which the information was presented by Matt and Rob. Bravo!”
- “A concise and consistent method for presenting the sacraments.”
- “[It was] presented in a form that everybody could understand. It made me feel very confident that I could [teach] a class with the materials presented.”
- “[The most valuable thing was] the depth of symbolism, meaning, richness, and practical theology a lay person could understand.”
- “You were very thorough. It was all valuable.”
Matt and Cooley family
This was our third time in Green Bay in the last three years and we’ve made some great friends over the years. It was wonderful to see them and make some new ones as well. A highlight of the weekend was a terrific dinner hosted by Drs. Greg and Patty Cooley, great friends of the St. Paul Center. It was like hanging out with family. I had such a good time that I went back again the next night!
Special thanks also to Julianne Donlon, the Adult Faith Formation Director for Green Bay and her assistant Sheila Schaut. They’re the diocesan dynamos who helped organize the event and made sure it ran as smooth as the ice on Lambeau Field in January. I know there were others involved as well and I want to thank them, too. We look forward to seeing all of you again.
If you’re interested in bringing Journey Through Scripture training to your diocese, contact me at [email protected]